Thursday, December 6, 2012

Splendours of the magical fountains at Versailles

The magical fountains of Versailles are a wonder.

So special, so beautiful. 

I can imagine a time when Louis XIV and his courtiers would spend an
afternoon walking around the gardens of Versailles.  It must have been
a magical experience as it is today when the baroque music plays and
the wonders of the fountains seem to splash in time with the music.

It took some time for me to realise that there were several pathways to follow
and explore to find different fountains and themes at the end of many of the hedgerows
as I was quite entranced
by the beauty of the main displays.
The music was enchanting.  The day was wonderful in early June.

Statues and colourful garden floral displays give a real sense of creativity and beauty.
From the top of the steps looking down over the gardens the view and the perspective of the geometric patterns give a sense of wonderment and beauty.




 







4 comments:

  1. I love Versailles! My husband calls it a tourist trap (but he is French) but I never get tired of it. I could visit there again and again and always discover something different.

    Lille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lille,

    Thank you for your message.

    I must be a little like you as I also enjoy visiting Versailles.

    I did visit many years ago a couple of times and then in more recent times I have visited twice. Only recently though,
    have I had the time to spend wandering around the beautiful gardens as I usually spend all of my time in the chatea as there is so much to see. I love the hall of Mirrors and the views from the windows. It is very beautiful.

    My best wishes to you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the beautyful photographs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I will endeavour to post more stories about Versailles and the wonderful places to visit in
      France and also post more photos.

      My best wishes

      Delete